Los Angeles News
Human remains found near Big Tujunga Canyon Road
SUNLAND-TUJUNGA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Human remains were found Saturday near Big Tujunga Canyon Road 10 days after a hiker reported a shallow grave in the area.
Investigators and cadaver dogs found the remains about a quarter mile from Big Tujunga Canyon Road early Saturday morning. The coroner says the body was found clothed and wrapped up. Neither the gender nor the length of time the body has been there is known because the body remains shrouded.
The body was found about 100 yards from a shallow grave a hiker reported on Jan. 9. The sheriff's department says human blood was found at the scene that day and there were also drag marks in the dirt, but the dogs did not pick up a scent. Authorities returned to do a more thorough search based on the evidence found that day.
The coroner said the dogs likely found the remains Saturday because temperatures have warmed up since the initial hunt 10 days ago.
The cause of death will be determined pending an autopsy. The sheriff's department will also look into missing persons reports.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
body found, body part found, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 2 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 38 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
32 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
33 min ago