Los Angeles News
Human remains found near Big Tujunga Canyon Road
SUNLAND-TUJUNGA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Human remains were found Saturday near Big Tujunga Canyon Road 10 days after a hiker reported a shallow grave in the area.
Investigators and cadaver dogs found the remains about a quarter mile from Big Tujunga Canyon Road early Saturday morning. The coroner says the body was found clothed and wrapped up. Neither the gender nor the length of time the body has been there is known because the body remains shrouded.
The body was found about 100 yards from a shallow grave a hiker reported on Jan. 9. The sheriff's department says human blood was found at the scene that day and there were also drag marks in the dirt, but the dogs did not pick up a scent. Authorities returned to do a more thorough search based on the evidence found that day.
The coroner said the dogs likely found the remains Saturday because temperatures have warmed up since the initial hunt 10 days ago.
The cause of death will be determined pending an autopsy. The sheriff's department will also look into missing persons reports.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
body found, body part found, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 18 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 7 min ago
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 10 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg 15 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break