Los Angeles News
Lynwood carjack suspect dead, 2nd suspect in custody
LYNWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- One carjacking suspect is dead and another is in custody after a police hunt shut the westbound 105 Freeway ramps in Lynwood on Tuesday.
Deputies were investigating a carjacking near the area after two suspects crashed their car and reportedly fired gunshots. One suspect was taken into custody, and a hunt ensued for the second suspect, who fled on foot. The sheriff's department later confirmed the suspect died, although the circumstances of the suspect's death were not immediately known.
The hunt forced an hours-long closure of the on- and off-ramps of the westbound 105 Freeway at Long Beach Boulevard in Lynwood. The freeway was cleared and ramps were reopened around 9 a.m.
traffic delay, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 14 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds