Los Angeles News
Lynwood carjack suspect dead, 2nd suspect in custody
LYNWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- One carjacking suspect is dead and another is in custody after a police hunt shut the westbound 105 Freeway ramps in Lynwood on Tuesday.
Deputies were investigating a carjacking near the area after two suspects crashed their car and reportedly fired gunshots. One suspect was taken into custody, and a hunt ensued for the second suspect, who fled on foot. The sheriff's department later confirmed the suspect died, although the circumstances of the suspect's death were not immediately known.
The hunt forced an hours-long closure of the on- and off-ramps of the westbound 105 Freeway at Long Beach Boulevard in Lynwood. The freeway was cleared and ramps were reopened around 9 a.m.
traffic delay, los angeles news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants