Los Angeles News
Jefferson Park suspect arrested after jumping from roof to roof
JEFFERSON PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A six-hour long standoff between a suspected parole violator and police ended early Wednesday morning in Jefferson Park.
The suspect was arrested just after 2 a.m. near 12th Avenue and 36th Street. Police had been searching for the neighborhood for the suspect, but when they found him, he took off.
The suspect was later spotted jumping from roof to roof. He eventually stopped on the rooftop in the area of 12th Avenue and 30th Street.
The suspect tried to leap from one building to another as officers shot him with bean bags. He was taken to the hospital. The extent of his injuries was not immediately known.
arrest, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
58 min ago