Los Angeles News
Jefferson Park suspect arrested after jumping from roof to roof
JEFFERSON PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A six-hour long standoff between a suspected parole violator and police ended early Wednesday morning in Jefferson Park.
The suspect was arrested just after 2 a.m. near 12th Avenue and 36th Street. Police had been searching for the neighborhood for the suspect, but when they found him, he took off.
The suspect was later spotted jumping from roof to roof. He eventually stopped on the rooftop in the area of 12th Avenue and 30th Street.
The suspect tried to leap from one building to another as officers shot him with bean bags. He was taken to the hospital. The extent of his injuries was not immediately known.
arrest, los angeles news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 15 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- Justin Bieber cleared in crash investigation
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan