Los Angeles News
Car rolls away at end of Northridge pursuit
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed pursuit came to an unusual end in Northridge on Thursday night when the suspect's car rolled away.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department Topanga Division, the pursuit started around 10:15 p.m. near the corner of Corbin Avenue and Chase Street in Northridge after the driver, a DUI suspect, was seen running a red light.
The driver gave chase and eventually pulled over to exit the car, but he didn't put the car in park. The car rolled away briefly before running into a curb a few feet away, coming to a stop.
The driver was taken into custody.
car chase, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 16 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 46 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 15 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case 46 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 20 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 59 min ago
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke