Los Angeles News
Car rolls away at end of Northridge pursuit
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed pursuit came to an unusual end in Northridge on Thursday night when the suspect's car rolled away.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department Topanga Division, the pursuit started around 10:15 p.m. near the corner of Corbin Avenue and Chase Street in Northridge after the driver, a DUI suspect, was seen running a red light.
The driver gave chase and eventually pulled over to exit the car, but he didn't put the car in park. The car rolled away briefly before running into a curb a few feet away, coming to a stop.
The driver was taken into custody.
car chase, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 51 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 57 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 59 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks