Los Angeles News
Car rolls away at end of Northridge pursuit
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed pursuit came to an unusual end in Northridge on Thursday night when the suspect's car rolled away.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department Topanga Division, the pursuit started around 10:15 p.m. near the corner of Corbin Avenue and Chase Street in Northridge after the driver, a DUI suspect, was seen running a red light.
The driver gave chase and eventually pulled over to exit the car, but he didn't put the car in park. The car rolled away briefly before running into a curb a few feet away, coming to a stop.
The driver was taken into custody.
car chase, los angeles news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 18 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena 34 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit 44 min ago
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii 58 min ago
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Longest Rose Parade float goes for test drive
28 min ago