Los Angeles News
Car rolls away at end of Northridge pursuit
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed pursuit came to an unusual end in Northridge on Thursday night when the suspect's car rolled away.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department Topanga Division, the pursuit started around 10:15 p.m. near the corner of Corbin Avenue and Chase Street in Northridge after the driver, a DUI suspect, was seen running a red light.
The driver gave chase and eventually pulled over to exit the car, but he didn't put the car in park. The car rolled away briefly before running into a curb a few feet away, coming to a stop.
The driver was taken into custody.
car chase, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
49 min ago