Los Angeles News
Off-duty LA school officer stabbed in Whittier home
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- An off-duty police officer was stabbed at his Whittier home during a home invasion, and authorities are hunting for a suspect.
The violent home invasion happened around 3:20 p.m. Thursday in the 5400 block of Pioneer Boulevard. According to investigators, the victim, whom neighbors say is a Los Angeles school police officer, was home when a suspect broke in.
"The victim interrupted the burglary, an altercation ensued with the suspect, at which point the victim was stabbed multiple times with some type of stabbing instrument," said LAPD Officer Brad White.
The officer was rushed to the hospital. Authorities say he is in stable condition with superficial wounds.
At this point police have little to go on as the hunt for the suspect, who fled in a red sedan, continues.
The brazen crime has neighbors in the condo complex on edge.
"You have a car break-in every now and then, but something like this...I've been here 17 years and I've never seen anything like this. Makes you nervous," said neighbor John Shamlin.
Authorities are not identifying the officer, but investigators are hoping he and any witnesses can give them a suspect description.
home invasion, stabbing, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 1 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 55 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
40 min ago