Los Angeles News
Justice Sonia Sotomayor draws crowds at Pasadena book signing event
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Hundreds of people lined up to meet U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor in Pasadena.
There were long lines and lots of umbrellas outside Vroman's Bookstore Friday night.
The justice was there to sign copies of her new autobiography, "My Beloved World."
Sotomayor is the first Hispanic and third woman appointed to the high court. The book recounts her life from a Bronx housing project to the federal bench.
The event was a sellout.
pasadena, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 47 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour