Los Angeles News
Local museums offer free admission for 'Museums Free-For-All'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Local museums will be offering free admission to keep you occupied this rainy weekend as part of Southern California's 8th annual "Museums Free-For-All".
Twenty art galleries, cultural centers, and museums from Long Beach to Pasadena to the Westside of Los Angeles will be participating in the event.
The list of museums open for free both Saturday and Sunday include:
- Annenberg Space for Photography
- The Autry
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Hammer Museum
- The Getty Center
- The Getty Villa
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA)
- Museum of Latin American Art
- The Paley Center for Media
- Skirball Cultural Center
- University Art Museum, CSULB
Free admission will be offered at the Santa Monica Museum of Art on Saturday.
The Craft and Folk Art Museum, The Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Museum of Tolerance, Pacific Asia Museum, and Pasadena Museum of California Art will be offering visitors free admission on Sunday.
Parking or admission to specially ticketed shows or exhibitions are not including in the event.
For operating hours and additional information, visit www.museumsla.org.
community activity, los angeles news
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school 37 min ago
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Drone strikes are effective, crucial - Obama 50 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers' 5 min ago