Los Angeles News
6 sought in San Dimas armed jewelry robbery
SAN DIMAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for five male suspects and a female accomplice who robbed a San Dimas jewelry store at gunpoint.
The brazen break-in occurred in the 400 block of West Arrow Highway around 2:30 p.m. Friday. The men hid behind ski masks and bandanas and brandished blue steel handguns during the frightening robbery.
Authorities said the armed robbers stormed San Dimas Jewelry Mart after an employee unknowingly the security door to allow a woman inside. The woman, later identified as the female accomplice, held the door open for five men.
Once inside, the men forced employees to the ground and began smashing glass display cases. They removed a large amount of merchandise and placed them in their pockets and backpacks before fleeing.
"There were four or five guys that came in from the side," owner John Chakbazof said. "We didn't see them. They stormed the store. It was about 2, 2 1/2 minutes whole thing happened. They broke everything, every showcase."
Chakbazof says he's grateful no one was hurt during the burglary and is hoping the suspects will soon be behind bars.
"We've been here since we moved out of L.A. more than 28 years ago, same location never seen something like this before and hope never again," Chakbazof said.
Thanks to the stores' numerous security cameras, the burglary was caught on camera. Detectives said they're following up several leads before releasing the video.
Anyone with information regarding the robbery was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's San Dimas Station at (909) 450-2700.
robbery, caught on tape, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere