Los Angeles News
Attempted robbery suspect shot by his alleged victim in Gardena
GARDENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Gardena police say an attempted robbery suspect was shot by his alleged victim on Saturday evening.
Police said the suspect approached an off-duty security guard around 6:15 p.m. in the 2000 block of Rosecrans Avenue while simulating a handgun and demanding property from the victim. Investigators said the victim feared for his life. He shot the suspect once in the stomach.
The suspect collapsed inside a nearby indoor swap meet, police said. He was transported to a local hospital, where he had surgery for his wound. His condition was not known.
Anyone with information was asked to call Gardena police at (310) 217-9653.
robbery, shooting, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 7 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph 30 min ago
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring 57 min ago
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)