Los Angeles News
Attempted robbery suspect shot by his alleged victim in Gardena
GARDENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Gardena police say an attempted robbery suspect was shot by his alleged victim on Saturday evening.
Police said the suspect approached an off-duty security guard around 6:15 p.m. in the 2000 block of Rosecrans Avenue while simulating a handgun and demanding property from the victim. Investigators said the victim feared for his life. He shot the suspect once in the stomach.
The suspect collapsed inside a nearby indoor swap meet, police said. He was transported to a local hospital, where he had surgery for his wound. His condition was not known.
Anyone with information was asked to call Gardena police at (310) 217-9653.
robbery, shooting, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour