Los Angeles News
Yorkshire terrier theft in Woodland Hills caught on camera
WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Yorkshire terrier was stolen during a rescue pet adoption event in Woodland Hills on Saturday.
The organizer of the event, Whitney Ellis, said she stepped away from the kennel around 5:30 p.m. for just a few minutes. When she returned, she said the 4-month-old Yorkie was gone.
Surveillance video at the event, which was held at an ice rink, shows three suspects, two men and a woman, who were playing with the Yorkie. The woman walked away with the dog as the two men kept a look out.
"They had been by earlier in the day and I think they knew exactly what they were doing," Ellis said. "I think they were looking for a moment where someone stepped away."
Over the last two years, Whitney Ellis has been doing independent rescue adoptions that have yielded hundreds of adoptions.
Ellis has contacted police, but said the suspects can return the dog, no questions asked.
"I'd like them to return the dog, that's all that really matters," she said. "It's about the dog. Bring back the dog and we'll let you off, just bring back the dog."
caught on tape, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 17 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 34 min ago
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator 49 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
27 min ago