Los Angeles News
Officials unveil final LAX runway expansion plan
WESTCHESTER, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles World Airport officials unveiled their 'final' expansion plan for two runways Friday.
According to the recommendations, the northern-most runway would be moved 260 feet towards Westchester. Its parallel northern runway would be lengthened towards Sepulveda Boulevard.
The Board of Airport Commissioners will vote on the final expansion plan Feb. 5. It will then move to the planning commission and the city council for an ultimate decision.
For more information, visit www.lawa.org/laxspas.
los angeles international airport, los angeles news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- How to make delicious tamales for holidays
56 min ago
- Aulani Resort is perfect holiday getaway
47 min ago