Los Angeles News
Officials unveil final LAX runway expansion plan
WESTCHESTER, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles World Airport officials unveiled their 'final' expansion plan for two runways Friday.
According to the recommendations, the northern-most runway would be moved 260 feet towards Westchester. Its parallel northern runway would be lengthened towards Sepulveda Boulevard.
The Board of Airport Commissioners will vote on the final expansion plan Feb. 5. It will then move to the planning commission and the city council for an ultimate decision.
For more information, visit www.lawa.org/laxspas.
los angeles international airport, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter