Los Angeles News
Stolen Yorkshire terrier returned by unidentified woman
WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 4-month-old rescue puppy that was stolen from an adoption event in Woodland Hills is back where he belongs.
The puppy was taken Saturday from the Woodland Hills Ice Rink, where the adoption event was being held.
Surveillance video shows three suspects, two men and a woman, checking out the Yorkshire terrier. A short time later, the woman walked away with the dog.
Perhaps because of the publicity, the woman returned Sunday and handed the dog to Brennen Taylor, who works at the ice rink and helps with the pet adoptions.
"I think it's crazy because that person, they actually asked how much it was in the beginning and then they stole him an hour later. So it's just crazy how much this little guy has been through in his short little life," said Taylor, who has adopted the puppy and named him Chewbacca.
The identities of the woman and her accomplices remain unknown.
caught on tape, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis