Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair killed in Pico Rivera hit-and-run
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was killed in a hit-and-run accident in Pico Rivera early Friday morning.
Authorities say the victim was in a non-motorized wheelchair crossing Whittier Boulevard near Paramount Boulevard when he was hit by a vehicle at 3:40 a.m. A bus driver did not see the accident but saw the body and alerted police.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released. Police say the victim was not in a crosswalk.
The suspect's vehicle should have front-end damage. No further information was immediately available. Anyone with information is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Pico Rivera Station at (562) 949-2421.
car crash, hit and run, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)