Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair killed in Pico Rivera hit-and-run
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was killed in a hit-and-run accident in Pico Rivera early Friday morning.
Authorities say the victim was in a non-motorized wheelchair crossing Whittier Boulevard near Paramount Boulevard when he was hit by a vehicle at 3:40 a.m. A bus driver did not see the accident but saw the body and alerted police.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released. Police say the victim was not in a crosswalk.
The suspect's vehicle should have front-end damage. No further information was immediately available. Anyone with information is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Pico Rivera Station at (562) 949-2421.
car crash, hit and run, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 45 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 17 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 8 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
20 min ago