Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair killed in Pico Rivera hit-and-run
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was killed in a hit-and-run accident in Pico Rivera early Friday morning.
Authorities say the victim was in a non-motorized wheelchair crossing Whittier Boulevard near Paramount Boulevard when he was hit by a vehicle at 3:40 a.m. A bus driver did not see the accident but saw the body and alerted police.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released. Police say the victim was not in a crosswalk.
The suspect's vehicle should have front-end damage. No further information was immediately available. Anyone with information is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Pico Rivera Station at (562) 949-2421.
car crash, hit and run, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months