Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair killed in Pico Rivera hit-and-run
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was killed in a hit-and-run accident in Pico Rivera early Friday morning.
Authorities say the victim was in a non-motorized wheelchair crossing Whittier Boulevard near Paramount Boulevard when he was hit by a vehicle at 3:40 a.m. A bus driver did not see the accident but saw the body and alerted police.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released. Police say the victim was not in a crosswalk.
The suspect's vehicle should have front-end damage. No further information was immediately available. Anyone with information is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Pico Rivera Station at (562) 949-2421.
car crash, hit and run, los angeles news
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road 34 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Deputies shoot, killed armed man in Compton 12 min ago
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
25 min ago