Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair killed in Pico Rivera hit-and-run
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was killed in a hit-and-run accident in Pico Rivera early Friday morning.
Authorities say the victim was in a non-motorized wheelchair crossing Whittier Boulevard near Paramount Boulevard when he was hit by a vehicle at 3:40 a.m. A bus driver did not see the accident but saw the body and alerted police.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released. Police say the victim was not in a crosswalk.
The suspect's vehicle should have front-end damage. No further information was immediately available. Anyone with information is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Pico Rivera Station at (562) 949-2421.
car crash, hit and run, los angeles news
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 50 min ago
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks