Los Angeles News
Whittier fatal shooting: Suspect search under way
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a man was shot to death in Whittier Friday, officials said.
Whittier police responded to a shooting in the 7800 block of Barnum Drive around 4:56 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found a man lying on the street with a gunshot wound to his abdomen. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots before they saw the victim lying in the street.
A Toyota pickup truck was seen speeding away from the scene. Whittier police officers found the truck abandoned in the 7100 block of Gretna Avenue and are now searching for the suspect or suspects responsible.
The man's identity was not released but officers say the victim was in his mid 20's.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the shooting was asked to contact Community Relations Officer Brad White at (562) 244-0045.
shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months