Los Angeles News
Whittier fatal shooting: Suspect search under way
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a man was shot to death in Whittier Friday, officials said.
Whittier police responded to a shooting in the 7800 block of Barnum Drive around 4:56 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found a man lying on the street with a gunshot wound to his abdomen. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots before they saw the victim lying in the street.
A Toyota pickup truck was seen speeding away from the scene. Whittier police officers found the truck abandoned in the 7100 block of Gretna Avenue and are now searching for the suspect or suspects responsible.
The man's identity was not released but officers say the victim was in his mid 20's.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the shooting was asked to contact Community Relations Officer Brad White at (562) 244-0045.
shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 14 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 5 min ago
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones 27 min ago
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 44 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
35 min ago