Los Angeles News
Whittier fatal shooting: Suspect search under way
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a man was shot to death in Whittier Friday, officials said.
Whittier police responded to a shooting in the 7800 block of Barnum Drive around 4:56 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found a man lying on the street with a gunshot wound to his abdomen. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots before they saw the victim lying in the street.
A Toyota pickup truck was seen speeding away from the scene. Whittier police officers found the truck abandoned in the 7100 block of Gretna Avenue and are now searching for the suspect or suspects responsible.
The man's identity was not released but officers say the victim was in his mid 20's.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the shooting was asked to contact Community Relations Officer Brad White at (562) 244-0045.
shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company 40 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report