Los Angeles News
LAPD cracks down on Super Bowl drunk drivers
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Police Department is out in force this Super Bowl weekend cracking down on drunk drivers.
Downtown Los Angeles is just one of the areas being targeted by the LAPD's DUI saturation patrol. According to a AAA study, there are 75 percent more alcohol-related crashes on Super Bowl Sunday compared to other Sundays.
The LAPD is out to protect the public by apprehending any impaired drivers.
"If in fact you are going to drink and drive, please do the responsible thing and call a sober driver, or have a designated driver before you plan to attend any of these Super Bowl events," said LAPD Sgt. Felicia McAdams.
In addition to the saturation patrols, the LAPD has also held several DUI checkpoints throughout the weekend. The LAPD says anyone arrested for a DUI could lose their driver's license and spend up to a year in jail and up to $10,000 in fines.
dui, super bowl, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 43 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 16 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 22 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 24 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks