Los Angeles News
Tarzana middle-school teacher charged with molesting girls
TARZANA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A middle school teacher in Tarzana has been arrested and charged with molesting three girls.
Jason Leon, 32, was arrested Monday and held on $35,000 bond on four misdemeanor counts of child annoyance and two counts of battery against three victims between the ages of 13 and 14.
Leon is a teacher at Portola Middle School in Tarzana.
The Los Angeles Police Department Juvenile Division's Sexually Exploited Child Unit began an investigation on June 19, 2012, after receiving a crime report the day previous.
"One victim last year came forward and said that she was inappropriately touched by this teacher. Subsequently, on the same day, another victim came forward and said the same thing and pointed to two different occasions. That investigation led back to an event that happened in 2010 with another 14-year-old being inappropriately touched," said Los Angeles City Attorney Carmen Trutanich.
The LAPD said that throughout the investigation, detectives worked consistently with the LAUSD administrators to ensure that Leon was not in a position to be in contact with students.
If convicted Leon faces up to five years in jail.
arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news, amy powell
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 33 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 3 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds