Los Angeles News
Tarzana middle-school teacher charged with molesting girls
TARZANA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A middle school teacher in Tarzana has been arrested and charged with molesting three girls.
Jason Leon, 32, was arrested Monday and held on $35,000 bond on four misdemeanor counts of child annoyance and two counts of battery against three victims between the ages of 13 and 14.
Leon is a teacher at Portola Middle School in Tarzana.
The Los Angeles Police Department Juvenile Division's Sexually Exploited Child Unit began an investigation on June 19, 2012, after receiving a crime report the day previous.
"One victim last year came forward and said that she was inappropriately touched by this teacher. Subsequently, on the same day, another victim came forward and said the same thing and pointed to two different occasions. That investigation led back to an event that happened in 2010 with another 14-year-old being inappropriately touched," said Los Angeles City Attorney Carmen Trutanich.
The LAPD said that throughout the investigation, detectives worked consistently with the LAUSD administrators to ensure that Leon was not in a position to be in contact with students.
If convicted Leon faces up to five years in jail.
arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news, amy powell
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail 21 min ago
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested 7 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
13 min ago