Los Angeles News
Pursuit ends in fiery crash in Boyle Heights
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed chase ended in a fiery crash in Boyle Heights Wednesday night.
The pursuit ended just before 11 p.m. on the eastbound 10 Freeway connector to the 60 Freeway. Police said they were pursuing a suspected drunk driver with speeds reaching over 100 mph.
When the suspect got to the connector ramp, his vehicle slammed into the center divider wall and burst into flames. Officers got out and rescued the man by pulling him out of the burning car.
He was transported to a hospital. His condition was not immediately known.
car crash, pursuit, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 23 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 14 min ago