Los Angeles News
Pursuit ends in fiery crash in Boyle Heights
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed chase ended in a fiery crash in Boyle Heights Wednesday night.
The pursuit ended just before 11 p.m. on the eastbound 10 Freeway connector to the 60 Freeway. Police said they were pursuing a suspected drunk driver with speeds reaching over 100 mph.
When the suspect got to the connector ramp, his vehicle slammed into the center divider wall and burst into flames. Officers got out and rescued the man by pulling him out of the burning car.
He was transported to a hospital. His condition was not immediately known.
car crash, pursuit, los angeles news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains 22 min ago
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event