Los Angeles News
Composite sketches released of West Covina robbery suspects
WEST COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are asking for the public's help to find three men accused of robbing and killing a tourist from Hong Kong in West Covina.
Police detectives released a composite sketch of two of the three suspects, hoping it will lead to their arrests.
Authorities said the men robbed and killed a 28-year-old man and assaulted his brother at the Eastland Shopping Center, located in the 100 block of Barranca Avenue, around 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1.
The victims were returning to their vehicle after having stopped to eat at a restaurant when they were approached, robbed, and assaulted by two suspects with their hoods on.
The men were seen running to a waiting newer model, dark blue, four-door sedan driven by a third suspect. The three suspects reportedly sped away at a high rate of speed through the parking lot, fleeing with an undisclosed amount of cash and other personal items.
Sheron Khemlani, 29, of Hong Kong was killed by a gunshot to his head. His brother suffered non-life threatening injuries during the assault.
The three suspects were described as male adults between 18 and 22 years old with light complexions and thin builds. The suspected driver was described as having short, black, spiked hair, and acne.
Anyone with information regarding the robbery homicide was asked to contact the West Covina Police Department at (626) 939-8557.
murder, robbery, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 37 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 1 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 28 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 17 min ago
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...