Los Angeles News
Venice pursuit ends in crash; 5 injured
VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected reckless driver evading police hit a bicyclist before crashing a pickup truck into a Venice restaurant.
Authorities say the pursuit started after the driver, a parolee, made an illegal U-turn at about 8:30 p.m. at Speedway and 20th Street.
The chase ended on Lincoln Boulevard and Vernon Avenue after the suspect plowed into Wurstkuche.
The suspect, the cyclist, and three other people were hospitalized following the crash. None of the injuries were believed to be life threatening.
The restaurant was shut down after sustaining structural damage when the truck crashed through the gas and panel wall.
The suspect is now facing suspicion of felony hit and run and felony evading.
Lincoln Boulevard near Vernon Avenue was shut down temporarily as authorities investigated the incident.
car crash, car chase, los angeles news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight 8 min ago
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family 57 min ago
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list