Los Angeles News
Venice pursuit ends in crash; 5 injured
VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected reckless driver evading police hit a bicyclist before crashing a pickup truck into a Venice restaurant.
Authorities say the pursuit started after the driver, a parolee, made an illegal U-turn at about 8:30 p.m. at Speedway and 20th Street.
The chase ended on Lincoln Boulevard and Vernon Avenue after the suspect plowed into Wurstkuche.
The suspect, the cyclist, and three other people were hospitalized following the crash. None of the injuries were believed to be life threatening.
The restaurant was shut down after sustaining structural damage when the truck crashed through the gas and panel wall.
The suspect is now facing suspicion of felony hit and run and felony evading.
Lincoln Boulevard near Vernon Avenue was shut down temporarily as authorities investigated the incident.
car crash, car chase, los angeles news
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 57 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 19 min ago
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank 47 min ago
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke