Los Angeles News
Venice pursuit ends in crash; 5 injured
VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected reckless driver evading police hit a bicyclist before crashing a pickup truck into a Venice restaurant.
Authorities say the pursuit started after the driver, a parolee, made an illegal U-turn at about 8:30 p.m. at Speedway and 20th Street.
The chase ended on Lincoln Boulevard and Vernon Avenue after the suspect plowed into Wurstkuche.
The suspect, the cyclist, and three other people were hospitalized following the crash. None of the injuries were believed to be life threatening.
The restaurant was shut down after sustaining structural damage when the truck crashed through the gas and panel wall.
The suspect is now facing suspicion of felony hit and run and felony evading.
Lincoln Boulevard near Vernon Avenue was shut down temporarily as authorities investigated the incident.
car crash, car chase, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 24 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 20 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)