Los Angeles News
Venice pursuit ends in crash; 5 injured
VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected reckless driver evading police hit a bicyclist before crashing a pickup truck into a Venice restaurant.
Authorities say the pursuit started after the driver, a parolee, made an illegal U-turn at about 8:30 p.m. at Speedway and 20th Street.
The chase ended on Lincoln Boulevard and Vernon Avenue after the suspect plowed into Wurstkuche.
The suspect, the cyclist, and three other people were hospitalized following the crash. None of the injuries were believed to be life threatening.
The restaurant was shut down after sustaining structural damage when the truck crashed through the gas and panel wall.
The suspect is now facing suspicion of felony hit and run and felony evading.
Lincoln Boulevard near Vernon Avenue was shut down temporarily as authorities investigated the incident.
car crash, car chase, los angeles news
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 30 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 2 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 22 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 25 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini