Los Angeles News
Ice cream vendor struck, killed by vehicle in Sun Valley
SUN VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An ice cream vendor was struck and killed as he pushed his concession cart in Sun Valley Monday.
The incident occurred around 7:25 p.m. in the 1100 block of Tuxford Street near Glenoaks Boulevard.
Police say the vendor, identified as a man in his 60s, was walking outside the crosswalk when he was hit by a Ford Ranger.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver who hit the vendor was not arrested. He stopped to render aid and will not face any charges.
car crash, accident, los angeles news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 6 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event