Los Angeles News
Monterey Park residents warned of posing city employee burglars
MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- There is a warning for people living in Monterey Park. According to police, burglars have been posing as city employees.
Officials said two men are reportedly working together to distract residents.
A man, claiming to be a Monterey Park Planning Department employee, knocked on the door of a residence and requested access to her yard to conduct a survey.
Once in the back yard, a second unidentified suspect entered her home and robbed her of jewels and money.
The suspect posing as a city employee was described as a white male in his early 40s with a tall and slender build. He also reportedly had a clean shaven complexion and pock marks on his face.
The victim said the suspect's appearance and demeanor was professional. She also said he was carrying a clipboard and a Monterey Park ID card with him during the time of the robbery.
The victim did not see or hear the suspects' vehicle.
The Monterey Park Police Department is urging residents to call the police immediately if anyone claiming to be a city employee or service worker requests entry into homes or backyards.
Distraction Burglars have been known to represent themselves as city employees, tree trimmers, and utility workers such as Edison, Gas Company, Cable workers.
Anyone who needs police assistance or has any information regarding the suspect was urged to contact the Monterey Park Police Department at (626) 573-1311 or call 911.
burglary, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 45 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 25 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 43 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 12 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 44 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 30 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts