Los Angeles News
Monterey Park residents warned of posing city employee burglars
MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- There is a warning for people living in Monterey Park. According to police, burglars have been posing as city employees.
Officials said two men are reportedly working together to distract residents.
A man, claiming to be a Monterey Park Planning Department employee, knocked on the door of a residence and requested access to her yard to conduct a survey.
Once in the back yard, a second unidentified suspect entered her home and robbed her of jewels and money.
The suspect posing as a city employee was described as a white male in his early 40s with a tall and slender build. He also reportedly had a clean shaven complexion and pock marks on his face.
The victim said the suspect's appearance and demeanor was professional. She also said he was carrying a clipboard and a Monterey Park ID card with him during the time of the robbery.
The victim did not see or hear the suspects' vehicle.
The Monterey Park Police Department is urging residents to call the police immediately if anyone claiming to be a city employee or service worker requests entry into homes or backyards.
Distraction Burglars have been known to represent themselves as city employees, tree trimmers, and utility workers such as Edison, Gas Company, Cable workers.
Anyone who needs police assistance or has any information regarding the suspect was urged to contact the Monterey Park Police Department at (626) 573-1311 or call 911.
burglary, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 16 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 18 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 37 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...