Los Angeles News
Arrest made in Ventura/LA lookalike identity thief ring; woman sought
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- A female suspect was arrested Tuesday in connection to an identity-theft ring operating in Los Angeles and Ventura counties.
L.A. resident Valerie Lynne Ray, 54, was arrested Tuesday and booked at the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station on charges related to three identity thefts. She is suspected of being one of the orchestrators of the ring.
Santa Clarita sheriff's deputies received three reports of women having their wallets stolen on January 12.
Investigating detectives determined a female suspect had targeted women who look similar to her and had entered various locations posing as her victims. She allegedly used stolen identification and credit cards to obtain cash and jewelry, the sheriff's department said.
The woman was caught on surveillance video. She was believed to be driving a silver Cadillac SUV with paper license plates.
Ray is not the woman in the surveillance pictures. She was held at Century Regional Detention Facility on $205,000 bond.
Sheriff's detectives are seeking public assistance in identifying the woman in the surveillance pictures.
It is believed this unidentified female may reside outside of the Santa Clarita Valley area. She is being sought for questioning at this time in connection with a number of theft incidents in Los Angeles County.
If you recognize the female pictured in the attached photos, detectives ask that you call LA Regional Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477) or report online at http://lacrimestoppers.org.
identity theft, robbery, caught on tape, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'