Los Angeles News
Downey sex assault suspect abused post as spiritual adviser; more victims feared
DOWNEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a spiritual adviser accused of using his position to sexually assault women in Downey may have more victims.
Jose Felix of Victorville is being held on $400,000 bail. The 40-year-old was taken into custody a week ago under suspicion of sexual assault.
Police say Felix placed advertisements as spiritual adviser "Chaman Vidente" in a Spanish-language magazine. Investigators think he may have additional victims outside the Downey area.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
sexual assault, arrest, los angeles news
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting 6 min ago
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought 53 min ago
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 38 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple 20 min ago
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate