Los Angeles News
Man shot dead by police during domestic violence call in Monterey Park
MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- An armed man was shot and killed by Monterey Park police Friday.
The officer-involved shooting occurred in the 400 block of Atlantic Boulevard.
Investigators responded to a call of a disturbance between a boyfriend and girlfriend at a motel shortly after midnight.
When responding officers arrived at the scene, they found a car leaving the scene. Authorities pulled the car over at the corner of Atlantic Boulevard and Harding Avenue. The man reportedly exited the vehicle brandishing a handgun and an officer-involved shooting ensued.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity has not been released pending notification of kin.
No officers were injured in the shooting. Authorities said a handgun was recovered at the scene.
The circumstances surrounding the initial domestic violence call remained unclear. The investigation is ongoing.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added 7 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate