Los Angeles News
Westlake district hit-run suspect sought
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Police Department is seeking a suspect in a hit-and-run collision that left a man critically injured in the Westlake district of Los Angeles Friday.
The incident occurred as Francisco Perez, 31, was crossing the street outside a crosswalk at the intersection of Westlake Avenue and Eighth Street at 12:05 a.m. Authorities said Perez was struck by a silver minivan. The male driver reportedly fled the scene.
Perez was transported to County-USC Medical Center where he remains under critical condition.
Witnesses described the hit-and-run vehicle as a silver minivan, possibly a Honda Odyssey, driven by a male Hispanic.
Anyone with information about the crash was urged to call Central Traffic Division detectives Josephine Mapson or Felix Padilla at (213) 972-1840.
car crash, hit and run, lapd, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter