Los Angeles News
Woodland Hills mother killing suspect caught in Oregon
PORTLAND (KABC) -- A woman who is suspected of murdering her mother in Woodland Hills this week has been arrested in Oregon.
Laura Purviance, 24, was taken into custody at about 4 a.m. Friday at a rest stop on the 5 Freeway in the Valley of the Rogue rest area, about 13 miles north of Medford.
Los Angeles police found 61-year-old Caroline Purviance dead from a gunshot wound when they arrived at the scene Wednesday night. LAPD homicide officials described the incident as domestic violence and not a random act.
Purviance is being held in the Jackson County Jail.
murder, arrest, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role