Los Angeles News
Woodland Hills mother killing suspect caught in Oregon
PORTLAND (KABC) -- A woman who is suspected of murdering her mother in Woodland Hills this week has been arrested in Oregon.
Laura Purviance, 24, was taken into custody at about 4 a.m. Friday at a rest stop on the 5 Freeway in the Valley of the Rogue rest area, about 13 miles north of Medford.
Los Angeles police found 61-year-old Caroline Purviance dead from a gunshot wound when they arrived at the scene Wednesday night. LAPD homicide officials described the incident as domestic violence and not a random act.
Purviance is being held in the Jackson County Jail.
murder, arrest, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies 41 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video