Los Angeles News
Woodland Hills mother killing suspect caught in Oregon
PORTLAND (KABC) -- A woman who is suspected of murdering her mother in Woodland Hills this week has been arrested in Oregon.
Laura Purviance, 24, was taken into custody at about 4 a.m. Friday at a rest stop on the 5 Freeway in the Valley of the Rogue rest area, about 13 miles north of Medford.
Los Angeles police found 61-year-old Caroline Purviance dead from a gunshot wound when they arrived at the scene Wednesday night. LAPD homicide officials described the incident as domestic violence and not a random act.
Purviance is being held in the Jackson County Jail.
murder, arrest, los angeles news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling 32 min ago
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders 15 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
38 min ago