Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 hospitalized in suspected DUI crash in Van Nuys
VAN NUYS, Calif. (KABC) -- A female passenger is dead and a 22-year-old driver is hospitalized after a high-speed crash in Van Nuys. .
The one-vehicle crash occurred on Van Nuys Boulevard near Friar Street around 1:30 a.m. Saturday.
According to police, the car was traveling northbound on Sylvan Street and whizzed by a patrol unit just before losing control. The car struck a curb and was then propelled into a palm tree before slamming into a store.
The woman in the backseat of the car was killed on impact. The driver was ejected into the store and flew into the business' glass window. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he underwent surgery.
Police have ruled alcohol as a factor in the fatal crash. The driver will be booked for manslaughter upon his release from the hospital.
car crash, arrest, murder, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 18 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 6 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months