Los Angeles News
Ex-LA City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo's home goes up in flames
WILSHIRE PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo, his wife and their two sons had to be taken to the hospital after their Wilshire Park home caught fire early Saturday.
The fire at the home broke out just before 3 a.m. Delgadillo and his family narrowly escape the intense fire. They were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and are expected to make a full recovery.
Neighbors said Delgadillo rescued his wife, children and two dogs from the flames, and then grabbed a garden hose to try to fight the fire until crews arrived.
"There were probably 40 firemen on the street within 2 seconds because I heard everybody scream and it seems like the fire trucks came right away," said Amanda Reno, a neighbor.
Neighbors said given the flames and heavy smoke, the outcome could have been much worse.
"It could have been a very tragic story and we're happy it's turned out so well," said neighbor Roger Edwards.
fire, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 21 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 55 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour