Los Angeles News
14 Freeway fatal crash: Driver arrested on suspicion of DUI
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence following a crash in Palmdale that killed his passenger.
The incident happened on the 14 Freeway near Avenue N shortly after 9 p.m. Saturday.
The California Highway Patrol says a driver, identified as Elder Higueros of Van Nuys, was speeding on the northbound lanes of the freeway when he drove his 2007 Toyota into the center dirt median and lost control.
The car hit a guardrail and went airborne, landing on its side. A man in his late 20s was killed when he was thrown from the car. His identity was not immediately released.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving drunk. Authorities say he suffered a sprained ankle in the crash.
antelope valley, car crash, dui, arrest, los angeles news
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts 29 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved 10 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?