Los Angeles News
2 bears spotted digging through trash in Monrovia
MONROVIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother bear and her cub were spotted wandering in Monrovia Monday, surprising residents with a mess outside their homes.
A photographer spotted two bears on Norumbega Road around midnight.
The furry visitors reportedly dug through residents' trash for about 45 minutes before heading back up into the hills.
Other than creating a mess, the bears did not appear to cause any problems for those living in the neighborhood.
The photographer also spotted a small mountain lion in the area.
animal news, los angeles news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes 26 min ago
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review