Los Angeles News
2 bears spotted digging through trash in Monrovia
MONROVIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother bear and her cub were spotted wandering in Monrovia Monday, surprising residents with a mess outside their homes.
A photographer spotted two bears on Norumbega Road around midnight.
The furry visitors reportedly dug through residents' trash for about 45 minutes before heading back up into the hills.
Other than creating a mess, the bears did not appear to cause any problems for those living in the neighborhood.
The photographer also spotted a small mountain lion in the area.
animal news, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 39 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 15 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 57 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
37 min ago