Los Angeles News
Wayward seal found roaming Carson streets
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A baby seal was rescued after it was almost hit by a car in Carson.
The worried driver called deputies after she found the young seal roaming along Avalon Boulevard and Dominguez Street on Feb. 9 around 11 :40 p.m.
After cornering the seal in front of a business, deputies called a rescue center to pick up the seal for evaluation.
Marine animal experts said the seal was less than one year old and most likely ventured into the city through the Dominguez Channel.
According to a representative from the El Segundo-based Marine Animal Rescue, the seal is the eighth rescued near the Dominguez Channel in 2013.
There is no word on whether the seal has been released from the rescue center.
unbelievable, animal news, los angeles news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls 21 min ago
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee 41 min ago
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10