Los Angeles News
Wayward seal found roaming Carson streets
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A baby seal was rescued after it was almost hit by a car in Carson.
The worried driver called deputies after she found the young seal roaming along Avalon Boulevard and Dominguez Street on Feb. 9 around 11 :40 p.m.
After cornering the seal in front of a business, deputies called a rescue center to pick up the seal for evaluation.
Marine animal experts said the seal was less than one year old and most likely ventured into the city through the Dominguez Channel.
According to a representative from the El Segundo-based Marine Animal Rescue, the seal is the eighth rescued near the Dominguez Channel in 2013.
There is no word on whether the seal has been released from the rescue center.
unbelievable, animal news, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 28 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 36 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 36 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Cockfighting ring busted in Riverside County
18 min ago