Los Angeles News
Wayward seal found roaming Carson streets
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A baby seal was rescued after it was almost hit by a car in Carson.
The worried driver called deputies after she found the young seal roaming along Avalon Boulevard and Dominguez Street on Feb. 9 around 11 :40 p.m.
After cornering the seal in front of a business, deputies called a rescue center to pick up the seal for evaluation.
Marine animal experts said the seal was less than one year old and most likely ventured into the city through the Dominguez Channel.
According to a representative from the El Segundo-based Marine Animal Rescue, the seal is the eighth rescued near the Dominguez Channel in 2013.
There is no word on whether the seal has been released from the rescue center.
unbelievable, animal news, los angeles news
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 15 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 14 min ago
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
46 min ago