Los Angeles News
Northern LA County could see toll lanes on 5 Freeway
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- Big changes could be on the way for drivers in northern Los Angeles County. Metro officials are considering a proposal to build a combination of toll and carpool lanes along more than 13 miles of the Golden State (5) Freeway.
The lanes would extend in both directions between the 14 Freeway to the south and Parker Road in Castaic. The proposal includes the use of FasTrak devices that are already in use along the 110 Freeway.
Metro says bringing in toll users on the new lanes would allow them to be constructed by 2019, instead of waiting 30 years for sales tax revenue to accumulate for the project under Measure R.
Public meetings will be held next week: Feb. 26 at the Santa Clarita Sports Complex, 20880 Centre Point Pkwy, at 6 p.m and Feb. 28 at Rancho Pico Junior High School, 26250 Valencia Blvd., Stevenson Ranch, at 6 p.m.
CNS contributed to this report.
antelope valley, santa clarita valley, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months