Los Angeles News
West LA sex assault suspect poses as magazine salesman
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man pretending to sell magazine subscriptions attempted to sexually assault a woman inside her home near the UCLA campus.
UCLA police are asking for the public's help to track down the suspect. The incident occurred near the 700 block of Gayley Avenue on Feb. 8.
According to police, the suspect knocked on the victim's door under the guise of selling magazines, entered her home and attempted to sexually assault her.
The suspect fled and was last seen walking southbound on Gayley Avenue.
The victim is not a UCLA student.
The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 25 years old, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing around 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was last seen wearing a navy blue hooded sweatshirt, light blue shorts, tennis shoes and sunglasses.
UCLA police reminded the campus community to take precautions when strangers come to the door. Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Arsena at (310) 825-9371.
sexual assault, ucla, los angeles news
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 59 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 36 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler