Los Angeles News
West LA sex assault suspect poses as magazine salesman
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man pretending to sell magazine subscriptions attempted to sexually assault a woman inside her home near the UCLA campus.
UCLA police are asking for the public's help to track down the suspect. The incident occurred near the 700 block of Gayley Avenue on Feb. 8.
According to police, the suspect knocked on the victim's door under the guise of selling magazines, entered her home and attempted to sexually assault her.
The suspect fled and was last seen walking southbound on Gayley Avenue.
The victim is not a UCLA student.
The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 25 years old, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing around 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was last seen wearing a navy blue hooded sweatshirt, light blue shorts, tennis shoes and sunglasses.
UCLA police reminded the campus community to take precautions when strangers come to the door. Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Arsena at (310) 825-9371.
sexual assault, ucla, los angeles news
- Fatal Baldwin Village fire deemed accident
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- Kelly Thomas trial: Surveillance video shown
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash 5 min ago
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery 59 min ago
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Best high-tech toys for kids this season
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- Paul Walker crash seen on surveillance video
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video