Los Angeles News
West LA sex assault suspect poses as magazine salesman
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man pretending to sell magazine subscriptions attempted to sexually assault a woman inside her home near the UCLA campus.
UCLA police are asking for the public's help to track down the suspect. The incident occurred near the 700 block of Gayley Avenue on Feb. 8.
According to police, the suspect knocked on the victim's door under the guise of selling magazines, entered her home and attempted to sexually assault her.
The suspect fled and was last seen walking southbound on Gayley Avenue.
The victim is not a UCLA student.
The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 25 years old, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing around 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was last seen wearing a navy blue hooded sweatshirt, light blue shorts, tennis shoes and sunglasses.
UCLA police reminded the campus community to take precautions when strangers come to the door. Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Arsena at (310) 825-9371.
sexual assault, ucla, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 13 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks