Los Angeles News
Chase of stolen vehicle ends with PIT maneuver in West LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed police chase of a reported stolen vehicle ended in West Los Angeles after CHP officers performed a PIT maneuver on Wednesday.
The chase began at about 10 a.m. in the Van Nuys area. The suspect sped through stop signs and traffic lights, and then got on the 118 Freeway.
Traveling at a high rate of speed, the suspect took police and CHP on a wild ride all the way down the 405 Freeway to West L.A.
The chase ended at about 10:45 a.m. The suspect exited on Olympic Boulevard, and officers quickly executed a PIT maneuver. The suspect was taken into custody without further incident.
There were no injuries or accidents in connection with the pursuit.
car chase, pursuit, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 42 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Selena Gomez cancels tour dates in Australia