Los Angeles News
Chase of stolen vehicle ends with PIT maneuver in West LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed police chase of a reported stolen vehicle ended in West Los Angeles after CHP officers performed a PIT maneuver on Wednesday.
The chase began at about 10 a.m. in the Van Nuys area. The suspect sped through stop signs and traffic lights, and then got on the 118 Freeway.
Traveling at a high rate of speed, the suspect took police and CHP on a wild ride all the way down the 405 Freeway to West L.A.
The chase ended at about 10:45 a.m. The suspect exited on Olympic Boulevard, and officers quickly executed a PIT maneuver. The suspect was taken into custody without further incident.
There were no injuries or accidents in connection with the pursuit.
car chase, pursuit, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere