Los Angeles News
Chase of stolen vehicle ends with PIT maneuver in West LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed police chase of a reported stolen vehicle ended in West Los Angeles after CHP officers performed a PIT maneuver on Wednesday.
The chase began at about 10 a.m. in the Van Nuys area. The suspect sped through stop signs and traffic lights, and then got on the 118 Freeway.
Traveling at a high rate of speed, the suspect took police and CHP on a wild ride all the way down the 405 Freeway to West L.A.
The chase ended at about 10:45 a.m. The suspect exited on Olympic Boulevard, and officers quickly executed a PIT maneuver. The suspect was taken into custody without further incident.
There were no injuries or accidents in connection with the pursuit.
car chase, pursuit, los angeles news
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 45 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 22 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler