Los Angeles News
Person of interest sought in Montebello fatal stabbing; car missing
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives responded to a report of a woman stabbed on the 600 block of North 20th Street in Montebello at 5:52 p.m. Wednesday.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. She was identified as Carmen King, 63. She was discovered by neighbors.
Detectives were seeking Emelio Martinez, 51, as a person of interest in the case.
King's burgundy four-door 2000 Dodge Stratus was reportedly missing from the residence. The car had California license plate number 4JMC641.
Martinez and the victim reportedly lived together.
Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers by dialing (800) 222-TIPS or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website Los Angeles Crime Stoppers.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 41 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 51 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
52 min ago