Los Angeles News
Person of interest sought in Montebello fatal stabbing; car missing
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives responded to a report of a woman stabbed on the 600 block of North 20th Street in Montebello at 5:52 p.m. Wednesday.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. She was identified as Carmen King, 63. She was discovered by neighbors.
Detectives were seeking Emelio Martinez, 51, as a person of interest in the case.
King's burgundy four-door 2000 Dodge Stratus was reportedly missing from the residence. The car had California license plate number 4JMC641.
Martinez and the victim reportedly lived together.
Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers by dialing (800) 222-TIPS or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website Los Angeles Crime Stoppers.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 28 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 7 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 3 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks