Los Angeles News
Person of interest sought in Montebello fatal stabbing; car missing
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives responded to a report of a woman stabbed on the 600 block of North 20th Street in Montebello at 5:52 p.m. Wednesday.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. She was identified as Carmen King, 63. She was discovered by neighbors.
Detectives were seeking Emelio Martinez, 51, as a person of interest in the case.
King's burgundy four-door 2000 Dodge Stratus was reportedly missing from the residence. The car had California license plate number 4JMC641.
Martinez and the victim reportedly lived together.
Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers by dialing (800) 222-TIPS or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website Los Angeles Crime Stoppers.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, los angeles news
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 59 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA surveillance has saved lives - Obama 25 min ago
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy