Los Angeles News
Harvard-Westlake swimmer collapses, dies
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Friends, family and fellow students are remembering a Harvard-Westlake student who collapsed and died on the Studio City campus.
A school assembly is planned on Monday to remember 11th grade swimmer Justin Carr.
Paramedics were called to the school's pool after Carr collapsed during a workout. Carr was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The head of Harvard-Westlake sent an email to parents informing them of Carr's passing, calling him a scholar, athlete and "an extraordinary young man."
school, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 44 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants