Los Angeles News
Harvard-Westlake swimmer collapses, dies
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Friends, family and fellow students are remembering a Harvard-Westlake student who collapsed and died on the Studio City campus.
A school assembly is planned on Monday to remember 11th grade swimmer Justin Carr.
Paramedics were called to the school's pool after Carr collapsed during a workout. Carr was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The head of Harvard-Westlake sent an email to parents informing them of Carr's passing, calling him a scholar, athlete and "an extraordinary young man."
school, los angeles news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 15 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital 10 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 55 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son