Los Angeles News
Whittier kidnapping suspect sketch released
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- Police have released a composite sketch of a suspect who has tried to kidnap several girls in Whittier.
The most recent incident happened on Thursday in front of Founders Memorial Park near Broadway and Citrus Avenue.
Police say the suspect grabbed an 11-year-old girl and threw her in his car. A 7-year-old girl was already in the back seat, crying. Both girls managed to escape.
This is the third such incident in February alone. Whittier police say back on Feb. 5, the same suspect tried to kidnap a 17-year-old girl near Broadway Park by trying to lure her into his car.
Investigators are looking for a Hispanic man in his mid-20s to mid-30s, about 5 feet 11 inches to 6 feet tall, with short black hair. He has a tattoo of three dots on his left hand and is said to be driving a red convertible with a significant dent and a tan roof.
If you have information that can help investigators, you're urged to call Whittier police at (562) 567-9241.
kidnap, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 24 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 15 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 7 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says