Los Angeles News
Man killed, woman injured in LA shooting; gunman sought
CENTRAL CITY, PICO-UNION DISTRICT (KABC) -- A man was killed and a woman injured in an overnight shooting in Central City.
The shooting occurred in the 1700 block of Olympic Avenue, located east of Los Angeles' Fashion District.
According to police, a man in his 40s was pronounced dead at the scene. A 35-year-old woman was also shot in the leg. She was transported to a nearby hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
No motive regarding the shooting has been released but investigators say they have a description of the suspect.
shooting, los angeles news
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover