Los Angeles News
2 shot in Compton gang argument, 1 dead
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Compton sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a shooting on the 600 block of South Long Beach Boulevard at 5:15 a.m. Sunday.
Two 39-year-old men were found with gunshot wounds. The first man was pronounced dead at the scene. The second man sustained multiple gunshot wounds. He was hospitalized in critical condition. He was expected to survive, according to the sheriff's department.
A sheriff's lieutenant said witnesses said the victims were hanging out in front of the location when a man exiting the location walked past the victims and became engaged in an argument with the two. Gang slogans were reportedly exchanged, and the suspect pulled out a handgun and shot both victims. He then fled in an undetermined location.
The suspect was described as an African-American man about 25 years old.
Anyone with information is urged to call Homicide Detectives with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call "Crime Stoppers" by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.
shooting, gang activity, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video