Los Angeles News
2 shot in Compton gang argument, 1 dead
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Compton sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a shooting on the 600 block of South Long Beach Boulevard at 5:15 a.m. Sunday.
Two 39-year-old men were found with gunshot wounds. The first man was pronounced dead at the scene. The second man sustained multiple gunshot wounds. He was hospitalized in critical condition. He was expected to survive, according to the sheriff's department.
A sheriff's lieutenant said witnesses said the victims were hanging out in front of the location when a man exiting the location walked past the victims and became engaged in an argument with the two. Gang slogans were reportedly exchanged, and the suspect pulled out a handgun and shot both victims. He then fled in an undetermined location.
The suspect was described as an African-American man about 25 years old.
Anyone with information is urged to call Homicide Detectives with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call "Crime Stoppers" by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.
shooting, gang activity, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son