Los Angeles News
2 shot in Compton gang argument, 1 dead
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Compton sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a shooting on the 600 block of South Long Beach Boulevard at 5:15 a.m. Sunday.
Two 39-year-old men were found with gunshot wounds. The first man was pronounced dead at the scene. The second man sustained multiple gunshot wounds. He was hospitalized in critical condition. He was expected to survive, according to the sheriff's department.
A sheriff's lieutenant said witnesses said the victims were hanging out in front of the location when a man exiting the location walked past the victims and became engaged in an argument with the two. Gang slogans were reportedly exchanged, and the suspect pulled out a handgun and shot both victims. He then fled in an undetermined location.
The suspect was described as an African-American man about 25 years old.
Anyone with information is urged to call Homicide Detectives with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call "Crime Stoppers" by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.
shooting, gang activity, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments