Los Angeles News
Shoplifting crew steals carts of items from San Pedro Target
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are seeking four shoplifting suspects who stole merchandise from a San Pedro Target store in January.
Two men and two women entered the Target store located at 1701 N. Gaffey Street at 10:10 p.m. on January 21.
The group loaded two shopping carts full of merchandise including household goods, clothing, toys and games, and dog food.
At the check-out line, the cashier tabulated all of the items while three of the suspects loaded bags of merchandise into carts. The total came to $1,075.95. The woman in line wrote a check. The check did not clear, and the clerk and the woman conferred and called a number to resolve the problem. While the clerk's back was turned, the other three suspects took the carts out of the store.
The woman in line told the clerk that her husband would pay, and she left the store with a security agent to seek out her husband. Police said the woman told the agent that she couldn't believe her friends had left without her.
She told the agent they were looking for a black sedan. Then a tan 1994-1998 Chevrolet pulled up to the sidewalk on Gaffey Street. The woman ran to the vehicle, got in and it sped off.
The suspect at the counter was described as a 55-year-old white female standing 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds. She has a red birthmark over her right eye. She was wearing a black sweater and dark blue jeans.
Anyone with information about the group is urged to call Los Angeles Police Detective Don Eldridge at (310) 726-7853.
The Daily Breeze (http://www.dailybreeze.com/) contributed to this report.
caught on tape, burglary, los angeles news
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 21 min ago
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale