Los Angeles News
Pasadena apartment fire: items too close to floor heater
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A fire that burned a Pasadena apartment building Sunday was started by flammable items placed too close to a floor heater, the Pasadena Fire Department said Monday.
The fire began in an apartment in the building located on the 700 block of Worcester Avenue at about 5:15 p.m. It was caused by "combustibles too close to a floor heater," the fire department said Monday.
Several people were rescued by firefighters.
One person was hospitalized. She was in stable condition Monday and was expected to make a full recovery. Three children were also treated at the hospital.
Red Cross was assisting the 61 residents who were displaced by the fire.
At least two apartment units were damaged by the fire, and others appeared to sustain smoke and water damage.
fire, pasadena, los angeles news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 36 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 56 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'