Los Angeles News
Pasadena apartment fire: items too close to floor heater
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A fire that burned a Pasadena apartment building Sunday was started by flammable items placed too close to a floor heater, the Pasadena Fire Department said Monday.
The fire began in an apartment in the building located on the 700 block of Worcester Avenue at about 5:15 p.m. It was caused by "combustibles too close to a floor heater," the fire department said Monday.
Several people were rescued by firefighters.
One person was hospitalized. She was in stable condition Monday and was expected to make a full recovery. Three children were also treated at the hospital.
Red Cross was assisting the 61 residents who were displaced by the fire.
At least two apartment units were damaged by the fire, and others appeared to sustain smoke and water damage.
fire, pasadena, los angeles news
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 29 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 45 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood 58 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Kettlebells can help burn calories fast
46 min ago