Los Angeles News
Santa Monica hostage-standoff suspect shot, killed self - police
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A hostage situation and standoff in Santa Monica came to a deadly end after police say the suspect turned the gun on himself.
The situation all came to an end at about 4 a.m. Wednesday in the 2900 block of Delaware Avenue. Police told Eyewitness News the suspect shot and killed himself.
Officers responded to the home around 5 p.m. Tuesday when a 15-year-old escaped and called 911. The suspect let his 86-year-old mother-in-law go just before 10 p.m. unharmed.
There were reports that a fight between the man and his estranged wife sparked the standoff.
hostage, shooting, santa monica, los angeles news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event