Los Angeles News
Santa Monica hostage-standoff suspect shot, killed self - police
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A hostage situation and standoff in Santa Monica came to a deadly end after police say the suspect turned the gun on himself.
The situation all came to an end at about 4 a.m. Wednesday in the 2900 block of Delaware Avenue. Police told Eyewitness News the suspect shot and killed himself.
Officers responded to the home around 5 p.m. Tuesday when a 15-year-old escaped and called 911. The suspect let his 86-year-old mother-in-law go just before 10 p.m. unharmed.
There were reports that a fight between the man and his estranged wife sparked the standoff.
hostage, shooting, santa monica, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 45 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 58 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry