Los Angeles News
405 North construction reduces Sepulveda Pass lanes over weekend
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Construction on the 405 Freeway could mean potential traffic troubles around the Sepulveda Pass over the weekend.
The closures began Friday night. The northbound lanes were reduced from five lanes to two through the Sepulveda Pass.
The 55-hour closure will affect a 2.4-mile stretch from the Montana Avenue off-ramp to the Getty Center Drive off-ramp. Full freeway closures were scheduled Saturday from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. and Monday from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
"What we're going to be doing is accomplishing months of work in a weekend period, so there's benefits to accelerating the project over the weekend. What we want to do is complete some pavement and striping work," said Dave Sotero with Metro.
The construction is all part of the Sepulveda Pass Improvement Project, which aims to create a 10-mile HOV lane along the 405 Freeway from the 10 to the 101.
The weekend work will include shifting K-rail and paving on the northbound lanes, making way for that HOV lane. Much of the same work has already been done on the southbound side during Carmageddon 2 last year.
As for alternates, drivers can use Sepulveda Boulevard, which will remain open. Commuters can also use the 101 and 5 freeways.
road closure, road construction, traffic delay, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 50 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 7 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 33 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says