Los Angeles News
Maywood fatal shooting under investigation
MAYWOOD (KABC) -- A homicide investigation is under way in Maywood after a man was shot to death in his backyard Saturday.
The shooting occurred in the 3800 block of East 52nd Street at approximately 3:30 a.m.
Police say the victim, identified as a 26-year-old Hispanic male, was shot one time in the upper torso and died at the scene.
His identity has not been released pending notification of kin.
The motive for the shooting remains unknown. Police have no suspect or vehicle information.
Anyone with more information regarding the murder was asked to contact the sheriff's homicide bureau at (323) 890-5500.
homicide investigation, shooting, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate